Published on April 8th, 2018 | by Pro Wrestling Stories0
WWE WrestleMania 34: The Big Day Has Arrived!
WrestleMania 34, WWE’s most extravagant PPV of the year is mere hours away, and this year’s event promises to bring action-packed matches that will keep viewers entertained for days to come.
The upcoming WrestleMania matches have something in store for both viewers and punters, since there is an extraordinary amount of betting interest around the fierce rivalries that WWE is famous for. Perhaps the only sport which is comparable to WWE in this regard is boxing, with some pretty interesting Joshua Parker betting offers for the fight between the two incredible boxers. Betting interest has increased dramatically in both these sports in recent years, especially due to the growth of easily accessible internet betting portals.
This year’s event will be held in New Orleans, and as always, there are some huge surprises in the offing, such as Smackdown’s general manager Daniel Bryan being cleared to fight at the show. Excitingly, Ronda Rousey will make her official in-ring debut which will be a big test in determining whether the former UFC women’s champion can resonate with WWE fans. Further, to make things more interesting, actor Macaulay Culkin jokingly responded to Smackdown’s Rusev’s open challenge to fight a celebrity in the ring. Will Culkin play a role in the Fatal 4-Way match for the United States Championship? Only time will tell…
While WrestleMania 34 is full of matches that could potentially be called the main event of the show, the Charlotte vs Asuka match is one of the biggest matches we are most looking forward to. The two women have polar opposite wrestling styles, as Charlotte is an American-trained athlete while Asuka utilizes more kicks and punches, following a more Japanese strong-style of wrestling. What is really important in gauging the outcome of this fight is Asuka’s winning streak, and it appears that WrestleMania 34 is not the perfect place for her to get her first single’s loss since coming to WWE. Her superior performance over the course of the last 6 months makes could quite possibly pave the way for Asuka to beat Charlotte and win the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
As for the Universal Championship, while there have been contrary predictions for this fight over the course of the last few weeks (there are strong chances that Roman Reigns is going to beat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 34. Besides WWE, Lesnar has been a central attraction for UFC, and all indications point to him returning to the octagon after his WWE contract expires. Lesnar had won the WWE Universal Title from Goldberg at WrestleMania 33, and since then he has defeated all threats to his dominance, with the exception of Roman Reigns.
The upcoming face-off is a rematch of the two men’s main event match from WrestleMania 31, and this year’s event is expected to bring closure to their feud. Reigns’ victory is also likely because the show’s writers have pushed themselves into a figurative corner with Lesnar’s careless and unforgiving attitude, and therefore granting him a victory would not be good for the show’s long-term prospects.
Here is the WrestleMania 34 Match Card in full:
- Brock Lesnar (c) (who made a huge return in 2012) vs. Roman Reigns (For the Universal Championship)
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (For the WWE Championship)
- Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon
- Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Asuka (For the Smackdown Women’s Championship)
- Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
- The Miz (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor (For the Intercontinental Championship)
- Randy Orton (c) vs. Bobby Roode vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Rusev (For the United States Championship)
- The Bar (c) vs. Braun Strowman and unnamed partner (For the Raw Tag Team Championships)
- Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia Jax (For the Raw Women’s Championship)
- Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali (For the Cruiserweight Championship)
- The Usos vs. The New Day vs. The Bludgeon Brothers (For the Smackdown Tag Team Championships)
- Women’s Battle Royal
- The Andre the Giant Battle Royal
So who do you have winning each match? Share your predictions with us on Twitter!